Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Final Project: An Afternoon in Numenor

My final project is a story about a grandfather telling his grandson stories about Numenor. The tower of Sorontil, the story of Tar-Aldarion and a description of Romenna are all covered in fair amounts of depth.

You can view the project here

If you wish to view the 'author's notes' on it, which have some cheeky jokes about brothels, some content about religion and astronomy, and a few classic Tolkien examples of how I wrote allegory without it actually being allegory, check them out here

Thanks, everyone, for the amazing quarter. I had so much fun and have left with a new way of appreciating Tolkien. I was scared that studying it for a quarter would make me love the Lord of the Rings less, but I'm glad that didn't happen! I look forward to reading the other projects. Until then, here's a (somewhat related) meme!

Edit: In typical fashion, I forgot to sign this.
-Rohan Kapoor



No comments: